Aviation Safety Legislation
The Airline Safety and Federal Aviation Administration Extension Act of 2010 (PL 111-216) was signed into law on August 1, 2010. For a summary of the provisions included in this new law, please click here.
Safety Improvement Items
- Pilot Records Database
- Flight Crewmember Mentoring, Leadership, and Professional Development
- Crew Member Training, Stall and Upset Recognition and Recovery Training, and Remedial Training Programs
- Regional Air Carrier Ticket Disclosure
- Flight and Duty Time Limits
- Safety Management Systems
- Crew Member Screening/Qualifications
Join Our Email List
If you would like to be contacted regarding ways you can help our cause, please provide your email address below.
|Flight Crewmember Mentoring, Leadership, and Professional Development|
Notice of Proposed Rule Making Due: 8/1/11
Final Rule Due: 08/01/13
Description: Section 206 - Requires FAA Administrator to convene an Aviation Rulemaking Committee to make recommendations focused on the areas of mentoring, professional development, and leadership, and then conduct a rulemaking based on these findings.
Status: NPRM published October 7, 2016 with a 90 day comment period. The NPRM can be found at https://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/FR-2016-10-07/pdf/2016-23961.pdf